Simple habits will keep pest outside and away from your family. Insects and rodents are attracted to food and water. Here are some general tips for putting a lid on pests:
- A tight, waterproof, smooth surface is easier to clean and keep clean.
- Eliminate cracks and pores that could offer insects shelter or access.
- Make all food handling and storage areas accessible to routine cleaning.
- Seal cabinets and kitchen equipment to the wall or floor, or have at least six inches of clearance to allow adequate cleaning.
- Kitchen equipment one to two inches off the floor or ¼ inch from the wall, is very difficult to keep clean and is usually an attractive site for cockroaches and other pests.
- Make sure that all doors and windows are tight fitting and that screens are provided on all windows and doors that can be opened.
- Screened doors should open to the outside.
- Take the nature of the surroundings into account.
- Remember, mice can enter openings less than ¼ inch, and rats can enter openings less than ½ inch in diameter.
- Remove waste food or garbage to proper storage or disposal sites at least daily or more.
Commercial Pest Control